P.S.- don’t forget to send your submission, only 6 more days for my blog contest!
Archive for July, 2008
Yesterday I had the chance to meet with some fellow photographers in downtown SLC.
It was really hot and not the most ideal time for photo sessions, but I still managed to get this sweet capture- this is ‘D’, K.’s older son. What a handsome little guy, his eyes are just gorgeous.
And just a reminder about the blog contest- keep those submissions coming in! I have received some great ones already!
It’s here- my first blog contest!
I need new models for my website portfolio! This is a casting call to all parents of cute kids- the winner will receive a free mini-session and complimentary print package.
- this is open to children of both genders between the ages of 4 and 10 years old*.
- email me (email@example.com) your best and most recent snapshot of your child; no photos from other photographers/studios, please (I will not accept copyrighted photos).
- only 1 submission per family and 1 child per photo; please include your name and phone number, and the name and age of the child (which I will not post on the blog).
- all photos must be submitted by August 4th, 2008, no exceptions!
- not open to any of my past clients since I need new little faces.
- pictures will be posted on my blog on August 5th, 2008.
- voting is by e-mail only.
- 1 vote per e-mail, and only 1 e-mail per day! Send the word out and get all of your family and friends to vote for your picture.
- voting ends on August 12th, 2008.
- winner will be announced on August 13th, 2008.
- 1 free photo session for 1 child ($50.00 value)
- 1 complimentary print package that includes 1 8×10 and 2 5×7 of the same pose ($40.00 value)
- 50% discount on all other prints and products (no obligation to buy)
(no cash value)
Parents of the winner must be willing to:
- sign model release.
- travel to my area (contact me for area and travel restrictions).
- be open to suggestions for clothing and styling of child and location of photo session.
(session will be scheduled between August and September, and/or dependent on availability).
Let the contest begin!
* I will have another contest for younger children in the coming months.
I have been able to acquire a software tool that allows me to show a preview of what a photo will look like as a gallery wrap canvas- of course, it’s a digital rendition so variations are expected, but I think it looks rather good. If you look closely, it even simulates the texture.
This example is a 14×11 gallery wrap canvas with a 2″ wrap.
For those not familiar, the skirt R. is wearing is called ‘pettiskirt’. I was able to get 2 of these: this one in a solid raspberry color and another one in white with a raspeberry ruffle.
These are absolutely gorgeous, full and very soft. I will have them available for photo sessions with girls (you will have to bring your own top). The sizes are medium and large, which I think will fit girls between 6 and 10 years old, depending on weight and height.
Please contact me for more details.
As you can see, it comes in a beautiful presentation box. It makes a wonderful gift.
Yes, they are expensive but well worth it. You can choose your favorite photos of your session and turn this album into a family keepsake.
I do not have any in stock. They come from the East Coast and take 1-2 weeks to arrive so please contact me early to get one.
If would like to see this sample album in person, please e-mail and we can set up an appointment.
I’m working on getting my website launched but I need more photos of newborns.
I’d like to offer a free session and free complimentary package to anyone who would be interested in letting me photograph their newborn in exchange for a signed model release. You can see some of the newborn photos I have taken in the past under ‘photo gallery: newborns/babies”.
If anyone is now pregnant and due by September 15th of 2008, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Babies have to be less than 2 weeks at the time of the photo session, ideally between the ages of 4 and 10 days old so this offer is void for older babies.
You receive a free photo session on-location (a $50.00 value) and a free print package (1 8×10, 2 5×7′s and 1 set of 8 wallets of same pose only, $60.00 value), with the total value of $110.00. No further obligation to buy anything more.
You may ask for references or I can come meet you before the session. Must live in my area or have someone here who can host the session for you (please contact me for travel restrictions).
Depending on interest and availability, I may be able to do a session later this month and another one in late September.
Please contact me for more details.
Feel free to pass this to your pregnant friends!
This offer ends Sept 15th, 2008.
And for those of you with older children- stay tuned for my first blog contest!